Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Buttermilk German Pancakes




Since Andrew has been working I have been doing all the cooking which I prefer because I use less butter and sugar, as well as make more healthy nutrition savvy choices. Although Andrew's food is downright delicious and my favorite, I seriously cannot afford to pack away anymore post marriage pounds.

But I can still eat a little goodness now and then!

I try and get up before AJ goes to work so he can have a good amount of energy to start the day.

German pancakes

Easy peasy!

I halved the recipe since it's just the two of us.

4 Tbs. Butter
1 Cups Flour
1 Cup Butter Milk
1/2 tsp. Salt
6 Eggs

Vanilla-Lots. 


Melt butter first in 9X13 pan glass is preferable but you can make anything work


Mix up batter by whipping eggs until thin then adding the rest of the ingredients. 


Pour batter in pan after the butter is all melty-keep a keen eye on that butter, the minute you get distracted it'll burn....trust me. 


bake for about 15-20 mins in 425 oven until peaked and brown. 


We used some apple butter made by some local Amish, SO GOOOOD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment