Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

George's Tortellini Soup

Last week I went on a writer's retreat with my creative writing cohort. It was a blast, and besides being really fun, it was also pretty delicious.

The first day that we got there, one of our professors and her husband had prepared some delicious soups, a vegetable soup and a tortellini soup. The recipe is called George's Tortellini Soup. George, if I understood correctly, is my professor's brother in law, and though I have never met him, I like him already because his soup is delicious!



George's Tortellini Soup

6 Cloves of garlic, minced
Olive Oil
49oz Chicken or Vegetable Broth
2 packages tortellini
1 package fresh spinach
4 cans stewed tomatoes
Parmesan for topping

1. Sautee garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add brother and bring to a boil
3. Add tortellini, bring to a boil
4. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, spinach and simmer until spinach cooks and soup is heated through.
6. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.



The soup was served with some delicious homemade bread as well as some balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dipping.





The point of the retreat was to write about place, and to think of how place influences our writing. I am hoping next time we have a food writing retreat...that would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment