Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Enchiladas

I've had a recent realization: enchiladas are easy!

I don't know why I didn't know this before, but they are. You can put pretty much anything inside, cook it in almost anything, add some cheese, and you're good to go!



I made these ones using a recipe very similar to Sweetlynne's Stuffed Shells, except instead of Italian seasonings, I used cumin, garlic, green onion, oregano, thyme, and tahini in the chickpea mixture. Once I had that, I put a bit of cooked rice, a bit of the beans, and some cheese inside a small tortilla, then tightly rolled them and placed them in a pan.

Once the pan is filled with tightly rolled tortillas, I covered it with cilantro ranch dressing, covered that with cheese, then baked on 350 for 45 min.



I didn't have enough tortillas to fill the entire pan, and I wasn't feeding that many people, so with the rest of the space I put extra rice and pinto beans, then covered that with the dressing and cheese as well. It tasted similar too, but not the same as, the enchiladas, so there was an instant side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment