Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Mango Tomato Salad

I had a bunch of mangoes, and I had a bunch of tomatoes. And I was thinking to myself "This could be heaven or this could be hell"...wait, no, I was thinking "I bet these would taste great together in a salad." So I did a little internet research, looked at quite a few suggestions, and this is what I came up with. It's a keeper:




Mango Tomato Salad
2 mangoes, peeled and cubed
4 large tomatoes, chopped
1 large shallot or 1/2 red onion, chopped
1/4 C chopped fresh basil
1/4 C Golden Balsamic vinegar
Dash of olive oil


Mix all ingredients together and let sit for at least 15 min before serving. Golden balsamic is divine. If you can't find any in your store, you can easily use some regular balsamic, though the color will be off, the red/brown of the vinegar dying the mango. Since coming up with this recipe, I've made it for several events and it is always a hit. Easy, sweet, summery, and simple. The second time I made it I didn't have any shallots or red onion, so I used green onions. It was still good, but the shallots were definitely better.


No comments:

Post a Comment