Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

I made another pie.

Since the Rhubarb pie was snarfed so quickly I felt the need to use up some of our apples we had lying around.
I used my own recipe for this pie.



The crust-

2 1/2 cups flour
2 sticks unsalted butter
1/8 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt- or so-
1/4 cup ice water
1 egg for wash

For the crust the colder the better so sometimes before adding the water and rolling it out I'll refrigerate it, in addition to almost freezing the water by sticking it in the icebox for 15 minutes.

The filling-

5 peeled and cored medium apples I used granny smith and fuji apples
3-4 tbs of lemon juice
almost a cup of sugar
a bunch of cinnamon and allspice
a few glugs of vanilla infused rum
1/4 cup flour or tapioca (I used flour)
mix it all up!

When layering the apples I usually stack them neatly until it's full almost over full because the apples settle leaving lots of negative space.

Bake at 425 for 25 minutes on a baking sheet then turn down the heat to 325 for another 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment